Amazon Alert - Missing Product Descriptions
Missing Product Description
No. your eyes aren’t playing tricks on you. Your product’s description may actually be missing. If this is the case, you’re not alone. We here at Reviewbox have noticed it as well.
Here is an example of what you should be seeing.
This issue appears to be occurring across all browsers (though slightly less for mobile) and across all products and categories.
How to Reproduce the Missing Description
- Load a Product Detail Page URL in Incognito Mode (Google Chrome), Private Browsing (Firefox) or InPrivate (Microsoft Edge)
- If you see a Product Description, repeat loading in a new window until the Product Description does not show up
- The missing description issue will occur periodically over a 10 load cycle and will look similar to this product listing below:
What’s Going On?
While we can’t be sure what’s going on, we’re guessing that:
- Amazon is running A/B tests for different users (the most likely reason) or
- Amazon’s site is being glitchy
We’re continuously monitoring the situation, but due to the infrequent nature of the issue, there should be very little disruption to the majority of your customers. As for your Reviewbox data, this issue is not affecting any of the data we are pulling from Amazon for our customers. Still have questions or concerns? We're here for you. Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.